1 small head savoy cabbage
1 box Sunflower Mince, rehydrated as per pack instructions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp root ginger, grated
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese five spice
½ a 225g tin bamboo shoots, finely sliced
½ a 225g tin water chestnuts, roughly chopped
40g salted peanuts
Handful fresh coriander
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Remove the larger outer leaves of the cabbage, keeping them whole.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Sunflower Mince with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Chinese five spice, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and peanuts. Finely shred a handful of the leftover raw cabbage, add to the mixture and stir.
- Lightly fry the mix in a pan for 2-3 minutes, before allowing to cool for a moment.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with the mixture and fold the edges over to form small parcels, securing them with a cocktail stick – for larger leaves you made need to make a small cut in the stem when wrapping.
- Transfer the rolls to a steamer and steam for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the fresh coriander and serve.
Recipe courtesy of PlantBased Magazine.