½ packet of Sunflower Mince, rehydrated as per instructions
1 tbsp dark soy
1 tbsp agave syrup
2 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
Thumb of fresh ginger, chopped
1 chili, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/3 broccoli, cut into small florets
1 small pepper, cut into strips
1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
2 tbsp soy sauce
90g wholemeal rice vermicelli, cooked as per packet instructions
2 spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Lime slices to serve
- In a bowl, marinate the Sunflower Mince with the dark soy sauce, the agave syrup and 1 tbsp of the sesame seed oil. Set aside for 15-30 minutes, meanwhile prep the vegetables.
- Heat a wok on medium- to high-heat and add the Sunflower Mince including the marinade. Stir frying the mince, the marinade will evaporate, and after a few minutes the mince will crisp up. Set aside.
- Wipe the wok with a piece of kitchen paper, put back on the heat and add the remaining sesame seed oil. Once hot, add the ginger and chili. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the garlic, shortly followed by the broccoli. Stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the pepper, carrot and the soy sauce.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the noodles, the spring onions, the crispy Sunflower Mince and the sesame seeds.
- Stir fry until well combined and piping hot. Serve straight away with a slice of lime.
This is one of our favourite recipes and it's easily adaptable with any vegetables you have left in the fridge. For extra crunch add toasted cashews or peanuts. For hints and tips on how to cook with Sunflower Mince click here.